The Doncaster Dementia Roadmap is now available at www. dementiaroadmap.info/doncaster
Read ‘Getting There‘ our dementia progress report for 15/16.
The Roadmap provides high quality information about the dementia journey alongside local information about services, support groups and care pathways to assist primary care to support people with dementia and cognitive impairment, their families and carers.
The main audience is staff working in primary care, including GPs, nurses, dementia navigators and practice managers. The roadmap will also be of benefit to other professionals, people worried about memory problems, people living with dementia and their carers and families.
Doncaster CCG has worked with local carers on a resource specifically for carers of people with dementia.
In this resource carers can:
- find solutions from other carers to the difficulties they face; including frustration, changes in relationships, and issues of power and control;
- find out about other sources of information, advice and support and activities in their local area;
- share the information they find with others by print or email;
- read tips from other carers taken from the original research;
- link to other sites offering support and information on subjects important to dementia carers.
Find the resource at www.dementiacarer.net