You can order your repeat prescriptions on the NHS App and through your local practice or pharmacy’s online service, where available.
Pharmacists and their teams are an essential part of the NHS and need your help and support during the coronavirus pandemic. Always treat our staff with respect, they are doing their best to provide you with the medicines and advice you need.
Important information on prescriptions during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Order repeat prescriptions in your usual quantities at the usual time. Over ordering of your medicines may mean someone else has to go without their medicines.
- Order your usual prescription online or by an app. Do not go to your local practice or pharmacy to order prescriptions and only phone them if you cannot order online or by an app. You can order repeat prescriptions on the NHS App and through your local practice or pharmacy’s online service, where available. You can find out about ordering medicines online at www.nhs.uk
- If you have a prescription to collect:
- If you are 70 or over, have a long-term health condition or are pregnant you should arrange collection by a relative or friend, or ask your pharmacy for help with delivery
- Ask any relatives and friends who are delivering your medicines to make sure they have seen you pick up the bag
- If your medicines are being delivered make sure you keep a safe distance when you receive them.
- For everyone else, if you are going into a pharmacy in person, follow social distancing rules and the rules put in place by the pharmacy to protect you and their staff
- Pharmacies may have altered opening times to manage their workload
- Sales of some medicines may be restricted in quantity by pharmacies to ensure that there is enough for everyone.
Volunteer medicine delivery services from the Doncaster Hub are ending. Please ask someone to collect your prescription for you. If your pharmacy does not offer a delivery service, you can contact the NHS Volunteer Responders. The number for people to call to make a self-referral is 0808 196 3646. This is a free service which can help you by collecting prescriptions and shopping and having someone to talk to regularly.
Please allow 7-10 days from ordering your prescription to collection, to make sure your medicines are in stock and available. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
It is important that you or your baby or child still have routine vaccinations. They protect against serious and potentially deadly illnesses and stop outbreaks in the community.
If the person needing vaccination has coronavirus symptoms or is self-isolating because someone in the household is displaying symptoms, please contact your local practice for advice.