If you have Coronavirus symptoms…
If you have been tested for Coronavirus and have a positive result, or have symptoms (as per those below), you must self isolate for 10 days.
If you can, use a separate bathroom and do not mix with others in your household. Family members in your house must also self isolate for 14 days.
As a reminder, the symptoms are as follows:
- a new continuous cough
- loss or change in your normal sense of smell or taste
Like the common cold, coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with a person with novel coronavirus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell. You can find the latest information and advice from Public Health England at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The public has a crucial role to play in containing the spread of the virus. Washing your hands more often, for 20 seconds. Use soap and water or a hand sanitiser when you: get home of into work, blow your nose, sneeze or cough, eat or handle food. Protect yourself and others.
So in summary, you should only leave your home:
- to shop for basic essentials – when you really need to
- to exercise – such as a run, walk or cycle, alone or with other people you live with
- for any medical need – for example, to visit a pharmacy or deliver essential supplies to a vulnerable person
- to work if it is safe to do so and you cannot work from home
And always stay 2 metres apart.
You can follow our Coronavirus Doncaster updates on social media – for the latest information from all organisations in Doncaster: