Latest information and Guidance for Doncaster
The COVID-19 vaccine is available in Doncaster for eligible individuals, in line with Government and latest JCVI advice. Find out more.
New Easy Read Guidance
The National Learning Disability and Autism team has shared with us some important COVID-19 Easy Read guidance that has been published this week. Please find these links below for sharing across your local health, social care and voluntary/advocacy networks:
- Public Health England – Covid-19 Vaccination Easy Read leaflet.pdf
- NHS England – Pulse oximetry to detect early deterioration of patients with COVID-19 in primary and community care settings Easy Read
- Cabinet Office – National Lockdown Stay at Home Easy Read.pdf
New health and care support for people who are unwell after COVID-19
If you’ve had COVID-19 and still don’t feel yourself 12 weeks or more after your infection you could have post-COVID-Syndrome.
As health and care professionals see an increasing number of people with the syndrome new support has been put in place.
Local healthcare systems are establishing post-COVID assessment clinics for patients experiencing long-term health effects following COVID-19 infection. Clinics will offer physical, cognitive and psychological assessments with the aim of providing consistent post-COVID syndrome services for all who need them, whether they were hospitalised or not and regardless of whether clinically diagnosed or by a test. In South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw the clinics are not one centrally located physical clinic but a range of experienced, knowledgeable healthcare professionals accessible to you via a GP referral.
The NHS has also launched Your COVID Recovery: https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/
Your COVID Recovery is an online platform with two key components:
- An open publicly available site containing general information on all aspects of recovering from COVID-19 including physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing. The site offers general advice on recovery, returning to work and information for families and carers of patients with post-COVID syndrome (also known as Long COVID). It also signposts to other agencies such as the British Lung Foundation and the Samaritans.
- An online, interactive rehabilitation platform specifically for patients with post-COVID syndrome, that is tailored for individuals and requires referral and face to face assessment from a healthcare professional.
The content, and clinical assurance of all content has been provided by an expert advisory group, with the support of patients who have lived experience of COVID-19, their families and carers.
Having used the public component of Your COVID Recovery, if you think you require further help/ support or referral; or if you do not have access to the internet to visit the Your COVID Recovery site, you should talk to your GP about your suspected post-COVID-Syndrome and the services/ support available to you.
Help and support: Social Isolation Alliance
The Social Isolation and Loneliness Alliance (SIA) is a collaboration of partners from the public, voluntary, community and faith sectors who are committed to reducing social isolation and loneliness in Doncaster.
Anyone who needs help or advice or has no other support can ring the SIA Helpline seven days a week Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6pm.
Helpline: 01302 430322
Local Health and Care services
Doncaster local practices are open and have been open throughout the pandemic.
Many practices have adapted their consultation process to keep staff and patients safe from the spread of coronavirus by offering telephone and video appointments. However, if you need to be seen by a health professional for a clinical need, you will be offered a face to face appointment if necessary.
During the pandemic, local practices are very busy and you may have to wait on hold longer than usual to speak with a care navigator. We’re asking all callers to please be patient and understand that the triaging process takes a little longer as practices adapt to the pandemic.
Don’t forget, you may be able to book appointments online so make sure you are registered for online services with your practice and it may help you save time.
If you can’t get an appointment to suit with your local practice, there are many health services across Doncaster to help you with health advice or treatment. For more information on what services are available please visit this webpage.