Doncaster Choose Well App
The Choose Well App will help people to ‘choose well’ when they need to use NHS services in Doncaster, leaving urgent care to those who need it most. The App will explain what each service does, when it should be used, and where to find it.
The App can be downloaded through the App Stores for both Apple and Android by searching ‘Choose Well Doncaster’
Doncaster Same Day Health Centre
Telephone Number: 0300 123 3103
The Same Day Health Centre is open every day of the year, from 8am – 8pm, and can be contacted when patient are unable to get an appointment at their own GP practice. However, patients must ring first to get an appointment; appointments are within 24 hours. Patients can contact this service direct
This is a NHS service, staffed by doctors, nurses and other practitioners, to treat minor illnesses and injuries, sore throat, ear ache, sprains and strains quickly.
Doncaster Emergency GP Out of Hours Service
Telephone Number: 0300 123 9990 . This service covers all periods where GP Practices are closed. Patients can contact this service direct.
Please Note: When signposting patients please explain that the first contact is their own GP surgery and they will be transferred to GP OOHs automatically or an automated message will inform the patient which number to call.
Emergency Care Practitioners (ECP)
Telephone Number: 0300 123 1221
Open 24 hours a day 365 days a year for health and care professionals to refer to providing care to patients who are registered with a Doncaster GP, or within the Doncaster area.
The criteria for referrals include:
- Minor injuries – Cuts, grazes, bruises, bites, bumps, lumps, swellings and sprains, strains to any part of the body
- Minor illness – Headaches, ear/nose/throat problems, rashes, generally unwell, constipation, high temperature, skin infections, nose bleeds
- Moderate illness – Chest infections, mild difficulty breathing, abdominal pains, diarrhoea, vomiting, dizziness, possible urine infections, reduced mobility, retention of urine, back pain, PEG problems, raised INR
- Falls – All falls and any resulting injuries
- Exacerbation of long term conditions – COPD, Asthma
Telephone Number: 111
Open 24 hours a day 365 days a year for immediate reassurance and advice. Patients can contact this service direct.