In 2019 there were 5,691 suicides in England and Wales. The suicide rate for men was over three times the rate for women. The 45-59 year old male age group had the highest suicide rate.
In England and Wales one person dies every 1.5 hours as a result of suicide. Internationally, there is one death by suicide every 40 seconds (WHO).
If you have been bereaved and lost a family member or friend as a result of suicide, then you can receive specialist one-to-one individual support from Amparo.
Specialist, bespoke support is available following a suicide in a range of ways, including:
- One to one individual support
- Help with any media enquiries
- Practical support when dealing with the Police or Coroner
- Help overcoming feelings of isolation
- Putting you in touch with local services that can help
Please telephone: 0330 088 9255 for further information and download the poster here for details. You can self-refer and also find out further details by completing the form here. Please share widely, thank you.