We may see a 48-hour period of industrial action, proposed by junior doctors, taking place at Doncaster Royal Infirmary (DRI) on Wednesday 6 April, starting at 8am, and finishing at 8am on Friday 8 April.
Some services, in particular the Emergency Department, may be under increased pressure during the period of action. In response to this, the Trust will provide a similar service to Christmas Day, with junior doctors only covering emergencies and caring for deteriorating patients.
A number of outpatient appointments and elective operations have been cancelled in anticipation of the industrial action. GPs are not expected to change their clinical opinions/actions in response to the strike. DRI will continue to make available direct consultant contact numbers to discuss patients, as previously shared:
- Acute physicians – contact via the AMU directly via 07880 055124
- Surgery – contact via Surgical Assessment Ward on mobile 07340 012533
- Orthopaedics – the bleep will be held by the middle grade doctor, please request on call via switchboard
- Gynaecology – request the consultant on call via switchboard
- Paediatrics – request consultant on call via switchboard
People in need of urgent and emergency care will continue to receive the treatment they need, when they need it. In all cases, priority will be given to those patients with the most pressing health needs.
We expect strike action at RDaSH to be limited; however you can check the organisation’s website and intranet for further updates.
Please note, the Spring Information Pack is available here for essential numbers for health services. Please do not share publicly: https://www.doncasterccg.nhs.uk/easter-information-pack-2016/