Which organisations are involved?
The Integrated Doncaster Care Record currently includes patient care data which has been collected by the following health and social care organisations:
- GP practices based in the borough of Doncaster (Primary care)
- Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust (Community services)
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust (Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Bassetlaw Hospital and Montagu Hospital)
- Doncaster Council (Adult social care)
- Flyde Coast Medical Services (Doncaster urgent care services)
Our aim is for additional partners including Doncaster Children’s Trust, ambulance services, mental health and community pharmacies to also contribute data in the future.
How do I know my records are kept safe?
By law, everyone working for, or on behalf of, the NHGS and social care services must follow confidentiality rules and keep all information about you safe.
Information about you will be viewed through a secure, encrypted and audited system that meets stringent NHS security standards and government legislation, including The Data Protection Act.
In addition, we will carry out regular checks to make sure that your records are only viewed by authorised health and social care professionals who have a valid reason.
Staff will only be able to view information that is relevant to their role in your care.
Can patients and carers access the Integrated Doncaster Care Record?
Currently the integrated Doncaster Care Record (IDCR) can only be accessed by Doncaster health and care professionals. Our ambition is for patients and carers to have access in the future.