If so, come along to Doncaster’s inaugural End of Life Care Conference and share your experiences with others, explore new ideas and help develop end of life care in the town.
The event is taking place on Tuesday 26 April from 9.00am to 3.30pm at Castle Park Rugby Club, Armthorpe Road, Doncaster, DN2 5QB.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Dr David Crichton, GP End of Life Lead and Clinical Chair for Doncaster CCG. National and local picture key note speech.
- Heidi Atkinson, Macmillan Nurse Consultant. The RDaSH New Model.
- Father Andy Graydon and Meg Burton, Spirituality and end of life care.
- James Norris, CEO Digital Legacy Association. How the Internet and social media is changing death and bereavement
The conference will also hold the various workshops:
- ‘Advance Care and Planning’ (Sarah Russell, Head of Research and Clinical Innovation, Hospice UK)
- ‘Getting to the Bottom of it – Essential Bowel Care for Patients at End of Life’ (Julie Brabazon/Heidi Atkinson, Macmillan Community Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, RDASH)
- ‘The End of Life Namaste Care Programme for People with Dementia’ (Libby Lawrence, Lecturer/Trainer)
- ‘Five Priorities of Care’ (Dr Lucy Adkinson, Consultant Palliative Medicine, DBH)
- ‘Dementia, Nutriton and Hydration’ (Dr Rod Kersh, Consultant Physician and Geriatrician, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- ‘Legal Issues Surrounding End of Life’ (Sarah Hartley and Sarah Littlewood, Solicitors)
Please note, places are limited, if you have booked a place and cannot attend, please let us know.