Blood is something we all expect to be there for us when we need it, yet only 4% of us give blood. Many people would not be alive today if it wasn’t for the generosity of our donors.
You can give blood at the Keepmoat Stadium on Wednesday 15 July 2015 between 11:45 am and 2:45 pm and 4:15 pm and 7:15 pm. Book your appointment at the Doncaster Rovers stadium to avoid a potential wait. Visit www.blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23.
Most people can give blood, but all donors have to meet the eligibility criteria before their blood is accepted to ensure there’s no risk of us harming you or the patients who will receive it.
You can’t give blood if:
- You have travelled outside of the UK within the past six months.
- Had any kind of infection within the past two weeks
- Feel unwell, for example chesty cough, head cold and sore stomach
- Have had a piercing or tattoo within the past four months
- Are currently taking antibiotics
- Have recently had dental work within the past week
- Have a heart condition
Read about Dr Nick Tupper’s, CCG Chair, thoughts on the importance of giving blood here