Act now to get your Practice Nurse the recognition they deserve – Regional Practice Nurse Awards – Closing date extended until Tuesday 6th February
Professor Jane Cummings, Chief Nursing Officer for England, said: “Nurses working in general practice may not have always received the recognition they deserve in the past but they are central to our plan to improve care for patients and ensure the NHS is fit for the future.”
With this in mind the Joint General Practice Nurse Working Group for Yorkshire and Humber area is hosting award ceremonies in order to recognise the skills, expertise and dedication of practice nurses in our area.
The South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw award will be held in Rotherham w/c 19 February 2018, with a final Yorkshire and Humber wide award ceremony in March 2018.
- People’s choice – method of collecting nominations
- Practice Nurse of the Year
- Healthcare Practitioner of the Year
- Rising Star (Practice Nurse less 2 years’ experience)
- Practice Nurse Leadership Award (individual / Team)
- Practice Nurse Innovator Award (individual / team)
- Practice Nurse Mentor of the Year
- Practice Nurse Preceptor of the Year
These awards recognise and reward the vital contribution practice nurses provide in primary care. The judges are seeking nominations for practice nurses and health care workers who consistently deliver confident, contemporary care and who also consistently perform above what is considered as the ‘norm’ for their peer group.
Nurses can either nominate themselves, or be nominated by a care professional, patient or carer. Nomination forms can be found above and you can also display the poster in your workplace / notice boards.
Please nominate your practice nurse today, thank you.