On Wednesday 17 July, staff, partner organisations, community and voluntary groups, along with patients and members of the public attended the 2018-19 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Held at the National High Speed Rail College in Doncaster, almost 140 delegates attended, marking this the most attended AGM to date.
A presentation was delivered which included key highlights from 2018-19, along with a summary of how public money is used, as well as an overview of key challenges.
A patient and public version of the full annual report was also launched.
For the first time, a summary video was also shown at the AGM and is available to watch. The video has been broken down into four sections and shared on social media widely in an attempt to share the information shared at the AGM widely.
The event included:
- an overview of 2018-19 including
- a review of performance;
- our Annual Accounts and
- priorities and programmes for the next 12 months.
In addition, a senior officer panel took a number of questions from the audience. The panel was made up of senior health and care representative across Doncaster:
- Jackie Pederson, Chief Officer, NHS Doncaster CCG
- Richard Parker OBE, Chief Executive, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Kathryn Singh, Chief Executive, Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
- Laura Sherburn, Chief Executive, Primary Care Doncaster and
- Phil Holmes, Director of Adult Social Services, Doncaster Council.
The Q&A panel actively sought the views and feedback from delegates that attended to test our approaches to engagement. Several community groups voiced their opinion on the number of opportunities they have had to engagement with CCG and wider health and care partners. There was an agreed view that co-production and working together with a significant strength in Doncaster.
The event was supported by Doncaster’s Chamber of Commerce and included attendance from a number of businesses in Doncaster who engaged with stall holders as part of the networking event to find out more about how to sustain a healthy workforce.
You can watch the summary video below.