We urge everyone across to check flood warnings and keep up to date with the latest travel news allowing extra time for journeys.
*This page will be updated regularly*
Thursday 14 November Update
Rest centres are in operation across the borough. As of Thursday 14 November, 15:49pm, the following centres are open:
All local practices across Doncaster are currently open as normal.
Urgent advice from South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue for anyone returning to flooded homes:
- Keep heaters well away from soft furnishings, to avoid fires
- Do not use electrical sockets if they have been in contact with water
- CO poisoning can occur if petrol or diesel generators are used indoors
- We are aware that there are rumours about certain medicines not being available because of the floods – this is not true. If you need medication, please contact your local practice and they will be able to provide you with a prescription. Further information and advice also available at local flood recovery hubs.
Doncaster Council Information
For safety reasons and to help contain surface water the council ask that residents do not attempt to drive through flood water and temporary road closures. Unless your journey is urgent, it’s recommended that you don’t make it while the flood warnings are still in place.
If you experience flooding on your street, here’s some further advice and details of how to report it: www.doncaster.gov.uk/floodadvice
For information about the rest centres, call 01302 735688 or check out Doncaster Council’s Facebook page.
A dedicated FAQ page is available and includes a range of questions and answers.
If you require any support ring the council emergency helpline 01302 735688.
Below you can find some helpful leaflets to help with flooding advice:
Financial support for residents and businesses affected by flooding
Two hardship schemes are available to residents and businesses whose households or business premises have been affected by flooding. To find out more visit this webpage.
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals
Please note, the shuttle services to each hospital sites are running, however due to traffic disruption, slightly behind schedule. The park and ride is also open.
If you are travelling to and from the hospitals, please give yourself plenty of time and be careful when driving.
Important: due to traffic conditions, the hospitals are experiencing some delays with the discharge process making services busier than usual. If you do not need urgent care or treatment, do not attend the Emergency Department.
Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber (RDaSH) NHS FT Information
For the latest news for RDaSH NHS services and buildings please see their Flood information and building closures webpage.
General information and advice – what to do in a flood
- Flooding: advice for the public
- Flooding – Frequently Asked Health Questions
- Floods – how to clean up your home safely
- Health advice: general information about mental health following floods
Where possible, local pharmacies will continue to open.
Primary Care services
All primary care services, such as GP Out of Hours, Doncaster Same Day Health Centre and the Minor Injuries Unit at Mexborough continue to operate as normal. They may be busier than usual, but further information can be found on our primary care page – selecting from the left hand menu.